Popular Post

Jody Gerut... the latest player to hit for the cycle that I will forget about

Jody Gerut had the game of his life last night in Phoenix as the Brewers outfielder hit for the cycle, going 4-6 with 4 RBI in Milwaukee's 13-3 win against the Snakes.

Good for him.

And I guarantee I will forget that he did that in a week or so.

How do I know this?

Because last August I wrote a post about how I never seem to remember who hits for the cycle unlike no hitters which I tend to remember.

I made a joke in the post about Felix Pie hitting for the cycle.
I wrote "I do know this: In 3 years I will be saying "Felix Pie hit for the cycle? Really? Why don't I remember that?"

Well guess what? I re-read my Hitting for the Cycle post after hearing Jody Gerut did it last night. And when I saw Felix Pie's picture I thought "Felix Pie hit for the cycle? Really? Why don't I remember that?"

That was only 9 months later.

Congrats Jody.
Just remind me that that you hit for the cycle next time I see you.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter