Popular Post

Next stop for the Jamie Moyer Express... COOPERSTOWN!













I wrote a piece last March tongue firmly in cheek about Jamie Moyer possibly winning 42 more games over his career... getting to win #300... and becoming the single most unlikely Hall of Famer possibly of all time.

It was a theoretical post as Moyer was 47 years old going into this season (and has now pitched in 4 different decades) and would have to go a few years into THIS decade to pull it off.

It was just one of those Sully Baseball idle thoughts that I have 4,392 times a day.

Well in his performance last night, a 2 hit shutout against the Atlanta Braves, he sure looked like a guy who had his eyes on the prize.

Look, I don't think he is going to get to 300... but he's only 38 wins away now.

38 wins doesn't seem like that much, does it?
Especially on a team like Philadelphia.

I still don't think he will... but man am I rooting for it!

I talked earlier this week about the passing of one Phillies Ace, Robin Roberts and the dominance of the new Phillies ace, Roy Halladay.

I might be wrong about this, but I think Moyer is closer in age to Robers than Halladay!



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter